Samstag, Oktober 20, 2007

Eugene V. Debs


"I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world."

Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

All belgian citizens, and especially all belgian political leaders, should have the above words in mind. It's day 132 without a belgian government. It's day 132 our political leaders fight for more autonomy for the different parts of Belgium. It's day 132 social solidarity between the french speaking and the dutch speaking communities in Belgium is on the verge of breaking down. It's day 132 we keep forgetting that languages are not barriers. It's day 132 we keep forgetting that languages should be bridges between communities. It's day 132.

Maybe I'm stupid, maybe I'm naive, but I've mailed this quotation to two flemish political leaders...

Labels: